Ref. No.: UKFHS/173843/2021-1
ANNOUNCEMENT OF COMPETITIVE HIRING PROCESS
I hereby launch, in accordance with Article 2(1) of the Competitive Hiring Process Code of Charles University, the competitive hiring process for the position of Assistant Professor with a focus on modern history and historical anthropology at the Department Of Historical Studies of the Faculty of Humanities at Charles University (part-time position 0.5 FTE).
- active cooperation in creating a study curriculum in history and anthropology studies within the framework of the bachelor’s and master’s programmes of study implemented at the department;
- teaching courses in the Czech and English language in accordance with the amount of workload; guidance and external examination of qualification theses; participation in defences, state final examinations and other activities of the unit;
- research and publishing activities; participation in the scientific and research potential of the unit.
Requirements for the competitive hiring process:
- Ph.D. in the field of history, (historical) anthropology or in a related field;
- willingness and proven ability to participate in the creation and implementation of the teaching of history and historical anthropology;
- ability to lecture in the Czech and English language and to lead teaching and attestation in these languages;
- documented research and publishing activities in the field of history and historical anthropology;
- previous pedagogical-research practice at a university;
- experience in obtaining grant support for research is an advantage.
Required supporting documents:
- structured CV;
- overview of publishing activities over the last 10 years;
- letter of motivation accentuating the professional specialization of the applicant, supplemented by an outline of further academic and scientific development;
- copy of a document proving the highest achieved education.
Start: from 1 September 2021
Applications containing the aforementioned supporting documents should be sent no later than by 12 June 2021 inclusive (post office stamp) to the following address:
Fakulta humanitních studií UK (Faculty of Humanities at CU)
Martina Kořínková, personální oddělení (Human Resources)
182 00 Praha 8 – Libeň;
or electronically to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning the competitive hiring process, please contact the Head of the Department of Historical Studies prof. PhDr. Zdeněk Nešpor, Ph.D. – email@example.com.
Sending the curriculum vitae is considered consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of registering the applicants for the advertised position.
In Prague, 13 May 2021
Ing. arch. Mgr. Marie Pětová, Ph.D.
Dean of the Faculty of Humanities at CU