Ref. No.: UKFHS/378766/2020-1
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
The Dean of the Faculty of Humanities of Charles University opens competitive examination for the position of assistant professor
in the field of gender studies at the Department of Civil Society Studies.
- full-time employment (incoming fixed-term employment contract);
- the candidate is expected to participate in teaching of Master´s study program of gender studies and the Bachelor's program of humanities, supervision of student qualification theses (Bachelor's and Master 's theses) and in expanding the research and publishing potential of the Department of Civil Society Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Charles University.
Preferentially desired areas of professional specialization:
- feminist social sciences (gender studies, sociology, political science);
- postcolonial and decolonial studies;
- nationalism studies.
- completed doctoral studies (Ph.D. degree is the condition) in the field of gender studies or in related fields of social sciences with a focus on gender, nationalism and postcolonial studies;
- previous experience in teaching in the field at the Master's and Bachelor's degree;
- ability to teach and guide student works in English language;
- cover letter representing the professional specialization of the applicant including a short annotation of a selected research project with a gender theme;
- survey of publishing activities;
- one full-text example of the own published research activity;
- annotation of 2 courses (including a short list of proposed reading) that the candidate would offer for teaching - one course at Master´s program of gender studies, one course at the Bachelor's degree in humanities.
Commencement of employment: from February 1, 2021
Applications with a structured curriculum vitae, a copy of the certificate of diploma and the above-defined documents should be sent no later than November 30, 2020 including (post office stamp) to the address:
Personnel Department of FHS UK
180 00 Prague 8 – Libeň;
or to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the competitive examination, please, contact the guarantor of Master´s program of gender studies FHS UK doc. Věra Sokolová, Ph.D.:
When sharing your resume, you are expressing consent with the processing of your personal data for the purpose of registration of job applicants, in accordance with the Czech Legal Reg-ulation.
Prague, September 29, 2020
Ing. arch. Mgr. Marie Pětová, Ph.D.
Dean of the Faculty