Transfer of Credits

  • Credit transfer, both for BA and MA students, is the responsibility of the Bachelor Study Administration Office. If you need a consultation regarding credit transfer (i.e. you are not sure how credits are transferred or which credits are allowed to be transferred), you can either contact the Bachelor Study Administration Office (BA students) or your respective MA study department (MA students).

  • You must submit an official request for credit trasnfer. The relevant office has 30 days to address your request and issue a decision on the request. This decision will be sent to you by post. You can transfer credits during the entire academic year but no later than the end of the exam period (please, make sure to also take into account the abovementioned 30-day period).

  • The request must be submitted to the Faculty mailbox (located near the reception desk in the Faculty building), sent via post to the Faculty, or submitted to the Faculty data box (identifier: piyj9b4).

Transfer of Optional Course Credits

  • If you studied at another university no more than 10 years ago and you finished your studies, you can request transfer of credits from courses you successfully completed during your studies.

    • You can only transfer credits above the minimum threshold of credits necessary for attaining your degree (i.e. BA studies: credits attained above the 180-credit threshold for acquiring the BA degree). When requesting credit transfer from your previous studies, you must submit your transcript of records that substantiates the request in line with this rule.

    • You can transfer credits only in case you graduted or withdrew from your previous University studies. You cannot transfer credits from concurrent studies.

    • If you graduated, you need to submit your transcript of records with the official request. If you withdrew, you need to submit an official confirmation of your withdrawal from study with the official request. These documents have to be the original copies and certified by the relevant university.

  • Transferred credits will be counted as optional course credits. To find out the maximum amount of optional credits which count to your credit total, please, check the program's study plan.

Transfer of Credits from Previous Study at the Faculty of Humanities

  • If you previously studied at our Faculty (no more than 10 years ago), you can transfer credits from courses you completed during your previous study. You need to detail specific courses and credits that you want to transfer.

  • Generally, all course credits with the grade “výborně” (excellent), "velmi dobře" (very good), or "započteno" (courses that are not graded) can be transferred. Only credits from courses in the current study programme accreditation can be transferred; if you want to transfer course credits outside your study plan, they will be transferrerd as optional credits. You cannot transfer credits that you have already transferred before and you cannot transfer credits for any part of the final state exam.

Last change: April 14, 2023 12:03 
Share on: Facebook Share on: Twitter
Share on:  
Your feedback

Charles University

Faculty of Humanities

Pátkova 2137/5

182 00 Praha 8 - Libeň

Czech Republic

Other contacts

Getting to us