Head of the Department
Contact details: room No. 2.08, e-mail:
Address: Faculty of Humanities, Pátkova 2137/5, 182 00 Praha 8 - Libeň
Secretary of the Department
Contact details: room No. 2.08, e-mail:
Mgr. Yasar Abu Ghosh, Ph.D. (room No. 2.09)
PhDr. Dana Bittnerová, CSc. room No. 2.08)
Mgr. Petra Ezzeddine, Ph.D. (room No. 2.09)
doc. PhDr. Zuzana Jurková, Ph.D. (room No. 2.10)
PhDr. Marek Halbich, Ph.D. (room No. 2.09)
Mgr. Martin Heřmanský, Ph.D. (room No. 2.08)
Mgr. Bohuslav Kuřík, Ph.D. (room No. 2.09)
PhDr. Mirjam Moravcová, DrSc. (room No. 2.08)
Mgr. Hedvika Novotná, Ph.D. (room No. 2.08)
PhDr. Ivan Rynda (room No. 2.13)
Mgr. Veronika Seidlová, Ph.D. (room No. 2.10)
Mgr. Ondřej Skripnik, Ph.D. (room No. 2.08)
doc. Mgr. Tereza Stöckelová, Ph.D. (room No. 2.10)
David Verbuč, M.A., Ph.D. (room No. 2.10)
Mgr. Alžběta Wolfová (room No. 2.08)
Mgr. et Mgr. Markéta Zandlová, Ph.D. (room No. 2.09)
Strategies and organization of institutional support distribution for the research area of social and cultural anthropology and ethnology (SCAN):
Board: doc. PhDr. Zuzana Jurková, Ph.D.
PhDr. Dana Bittnerová, CSc.
Mgr. et Mgr. Markéta Zandlová, Ph.D.
Mgr. Hedvika Novotná, Ph.D.
Priorities for the development of the SCAN research area:
1. Studies in AIS journals (proofreading, translation, open access, etc.)
2. Monographs (in Czech and English) in reputable publishing houses
3. Studies in influential national journals
4. Active participation in international conferences/seminars
5. Active participation in domestic conferences/seminars
6. Preparation of research projects/grants
7. Other publication costs
8. Organisation and co-organisation of conferences/seminars
9. Membership fees in professional organisations
10. Popularisation and application linked to own research activities, social relevance
Strategies for decision making:
Outputs and projects of members of the department, PhD students and other professional and scientific staff of FHS UK, which fall under the research area of SCAN and whose outputs correspond to the development of this research area, will be supported;
type 1 and 2 (or 3) applications should be prioritised among the FHS UK Strategic Priorities;
applications of type (3)4-10 should be addressed as a matter of priority to the SCAN discipline;
applications addressed to the SCAN research area, as well as unsuccessful applications from the Strategic Priorities, will be decided by the Board more or less in accordance with the SCAN priorities named above, but taking into account the significance of the outcome;
the Board of the research area may, at its discretion, reduce the funds requested.
Round 2 of the call for applications for support of scientific and creative activities to develop scientific disciplines within the Cooperatio SCAN. (2022)
Deadline for applications: 26. 8. 2022
Who can apply for support?
Academic staff of FHS UK who are part of the Cooperatio SCAN program at FHS UK can apply for support based on the application form and relevant annexes (manuscript, publishing contract, confirmation of acceptance of the article for publication, etc.).
Ph.D. students in the Cooperatio SCAN program can also apply for support. Ph.D. students may submit support applications only with written approval from their supervisor!
Applications can be submitted from 15.7. 2022 to 26.8. 2022.
The list of supported intentions of the call will be published no later than 8. 9. 2022.
Please send the completed FORM (see Annex) to the address and state "SCAN - call" in the subject.
Grounds for the request:
Applications submitted under this call are processed through the FORM (see Annex) and have the following requirements:
1. A brief description of the plan leading to the creation of scientific or research work (or result), emphasizing the planned publication output, together with a schedule for the plan's implementation.
2. Characteristics of the planned publication output with an indication of the year and which magazine (publishing house) the publication will be published. Publications are the preferred scientific output.
3. Relevant appendices: manuscript of the work whose publication is to be supported, or contract with the publisher, confirmation of acceptance of the article for publication, etc.
4. Brief and factual justification of financial requirements.
5. Details of the proposer and the staff involved from among the members of the Cooperatio VO.
Application assessment proces:
A board assesses the submitted applications includes the representatives of FHS UK in the relevant Cooperatio SCAN Council and Head of the Department of Social and Cultural Antropology. The board reserves the right to request any additional relevant information. The board decides on the approval/disapproval of funding applications and any adjustments to the proposed budgets.